How to apply
- Step 1 : Contact MGW staff, fill out an online application form from our website or contact your agent for specific program advice.
- Step 2: If you wish to apply for a scholarship, you can apply directly via the link provided by MGW staff or apply via the agent (limited scholarships offer for each country). If you have already received a scholarship, skip this step.
- Step 3: If the applicant receives a scholarship and wishes to apply for the program, please pay the application fee of CHF 500 ( non-refundable) and admission fee CHF 300 (only to be paid if original files are demanded by the embassy/applicant or other authorities) to the school and sign the contract/application form with MGW or the applicant's agent to receive guidance and support on preparing the application.
- Step 4:Submit the documents required in the application form, and we will check to ensure all documents are complete and the school will send the next invoice to the applicant who needs to pay the tuition fees of the first year (scholarship is deducted if the applicant has received a scholarship), accommodation fee and accommodation deposit so that the school can provide the applicant with the required documentation for visa application requested by the embassy and the Canton. If the applicant has not paid the application fee, it can be paid together in this step.
- Step 5: If the applicant's application has been completed and fees have been paid, the school will provide a receipt of confirming payment of the tuition fee and a housing payment confirmation (for students staying in IBAS accommodation) by the scanned version first when waiting for the applicant prepare for visa application process. If the applicant has not submitted any of the documents requested on the application form, the applicant must complete it so the school can move forward to this step.
- Step 6: The applicant will be instructed to prepare other required documents for visa application, such as visa application form, motivation letter and other documents requested by the Embassy.
- Step 7: The applicant must send all preparation documents in step 6 for student visa application to the school Admission for verification. If all documents are complete, MGW will arrange for a trial interview for the student with the school representative.
- Step 8: If the applicant passes the trial interview and all the visa documents are complete, the original admission files will be sent to the applicant’s current address/country from Switzerland (for countries demanding originals. For countries where this is not demanded only electronic files will be forwarded), the student also can schedule an interview with the embassy at this step.
- Step 9: Submit the visa application and documents to the embassy, undergo the interview and wait for 2-3 months for the visa result. The waiting period is for the embassy (who does not decide on visa matters) to correspond with the respective immigration office in the Canton (the region where IBAS is located) where decisions on visa matters are made. Switzerland does not have a central immigration system but each Canton handles their own visa matters.
- When the visa has been approved, the student can enrol in the program in the nearest month. In the case the student fails to obtain a visa, the school will refund the tuition fee and accommodation fee within 3-4 weeks.
- Document need to prepare:
- Documents for School application:
- Copy of Passport ID page
- High school diploma and transcript (for students applying for Bachelor program)
- Official transcripts and degrees of all programmes you have received academic credit for (for students applying for Master/Doctor program).
- IELTS or equivalent depending on visa regulations on specific country (please see programme entrance requirements).
- Documents generally needed for visa application:
- 3 National visa applications, visa form “D”
- 3 Photographs no more than 6-months old, 35–40mm in width, white background, close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70–80% of the photograph, in sharp focus and clear.
- Passport with a minimum validity of 12 months and issued in the past 10 years, original and 2 photocopies
- Proof of sufficient financial: Means original bank statement or savings book in the applicant's own name (a minimum of CHF 21,000 is required for most visa needing countries) in an international bank which is more recognized/trustworthy for Switzerland visa application purpose *on a case to case basic MGW will allow students to prove the finance at the visa application stage instead of initial application stage.
- Applicant’s previous and highest educational certificates
- Acceptance / confirmation / registration letter from the school in Switzerland (IBAS)
- Confirmation of payment of school tuition fees
- Curriculum vitae / résumé
- Motivation letter explaining why the applicant would like to pursue his/her studies in Switzerland or Liechtenstein
- Letter to confirm that the applicant will leave Switzerland or Liechtenstein after he/she completes the chosen course study
- Documents after visa approval:
- Application for residence permit has to be applied before 2 weeks after arrival (fee depend on specific part of the canton)
- Medical insurance (approved by Switzerland) is mandatory. And has to be proven to the canton within 2 weeks of staying in Switzerland. IBAS will not be responsible for students lack of insurance.
- Photo for residence permit application.
- E-photo for student ID card
Note: All documents must be translated into English and notarized. All documents may be required to be translated into German and notarized if required by the Swiss Immigration.
Note: Above is general example. Please check local embassy website for local regulations. BUT please notice that each embassy have their own rules while the canton of Zurich has their. The canton is the decision power not the embassy. In case of conflict contact MGW and we will discuss with the respective embassy.